Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mini Conference Planning

At last planning is underway for my mini-conference as part of the FO2010 course.

I've chosen the topic of cultural competency in the online environment as it is one that has come up several times during the course with our group of students being from many varied backgrounds, cultures and countries.

With Sarah's help I'm excited to have secured a guest presenter, Kate Timms-Dean, a senior lecturer from the Treaty Education & Training Unit within the Educational Development Centre at Otago Polytechnic.

The mini-conference has been set for Thursday 11th November 2010, from 2pm-3pm NZ time (World Clock) and will take place in the Elluminate Meeting Room.

Now I need to start planning the promotion of the event and providing details for how folks can join in.

More to follow in due course.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for organising this session, Sharon - it is a very important topic which has threaded through discussions overt the last month. I am really looking forward to this session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be 2 am French time, but the topic is so interesting and important so I will do what I can to participate, if I can get my eyes to open ;-) ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always wait to hear the recording :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Folke it would be great to see you, but understand the time difference makes it a bit of a challenge.

    ReplyDelete