Thursday, September 2, 2010

Skype

I've just had a play around on Skype and trying to add some of the other FO2010 learners to my contacts.

It was great to have a quick response from Jean who explained to me about using the little emotion buttons, thanks Jean, fun!

Having watched Sarah's quick YouTube video on how to set up a skype conference call, I'm keen to give that a go at some stage. It will be great to use with my work colleagues as the 3 of us are based in 3 different locations.

Just had a quick mini-conference call with Sarah and Malcolm, oh so easy, and because I don't have a webcam it helped they had their photos added to their profiles. Putting a face to a name helps me communicate better.

The next stage would be to try the skype video conference facility at some stage, but that would require investing in a webcam and since I've lost my investments in this weeks's collapse of Southern Canterbury Finance spending is off the agenda!

Its free tools only for me at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I find Skype really quick and easy...love using webcams for seeing and talking to people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon - one of the things I love most about this course is the way we are expanding all our networks....I enjoyed our brief chat on skype.

    ReplyDelete