Monday, September 6, 2010

Network Weavers

I used to pride myself in having the ability to connect people together with common interests and put them in touch with each other; that was of course using the older techniques of introducing them face to face at business functions, social gatherings, etc, or in more recent years by sharing email messages with them.

I now realise the power and potential of using online methods to connect not only individual people, but entire networks and groups of people - the reach of the network is huge and geographical location need not be an issue. The level of support one can achieve as the network extends can way exceed expectations.

I need to brush up on my network weaving by transferring my face-to-face skills to the online environment. I used to take every opportunity to physically go to events and functions where I knew I could meet people and 'network'. Now I need to be a more active member of the online groups, blogs and tweets, etc, by joining in when I can and by using clear subject matters and maybe hashtags to complement individual needs and streamline the connections between networks.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you could be an amazing online network weaver. This does take time...and effort on your part...to know what is out there so you can effectively hook people up with each other. But I think its a fantastic job...I love to see when I can successfully 'matchmake' people online.

    ReplyDelete